Tuesday 12 November 2013

My First...Ever Birchbox!

Evening chummers!

Last Friday I received my first ever Birchbox, I had ordered it on Halloween after spotting an offer on Tattooed Tealady's blog, where you could get another box free (to give to a friend, or friends or family, or keep all for yourself!) and as it was possible going to contain a Laura Mercier product, I went for it.

This is what I got...


A fine selection, I hope you agree.  Below is the menu...


I got...Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser in Nude (14.7ml) , Dr Brandt Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant (7.5g), KMS California Hair Play Makeover Spray (50g/70ml), theBalm Cosmetics Stainiac (1.2ml), Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips (3ml), Egyptian Magic (3 x 3ml sachets).


 Birchbox also often provide a 'Lifestyle Extra' which, in this case, was a sachet of Chia Seeds (8g) which is the superfood of the moment.
Also provided with the Chia seeds was a wee information card and even a recipe for a smoothie by a celebrity chef none-the-less.


From ordering it on the 31st of October, in the afternoon, it arrived pretty quickly on the 8th of November, so just a week, which isn't bad at all.  It came well packaged in it's own recyclable box (or you could use for storage as it is sturdy enough) and there were also information cards provided which told me about Birchbox, about the Birchbox shop, about products they sell, about how to use the products etc. 



 

The products themselves were contained within a small drawstring bag within the pouch, which again would be pretty handy for storage.  I can actually see the bag being pretty useful for maybe storing hair stuff in if I were going away for the weekend.

A couple of things I will mention is that my second box was dispatched a week later (so I'm told) and the Laura Mercier product (which I was most looking forward too) appeared to be opened and the tube was a bit dirty.  While I appreciate that not everything comes sealed nowadays (the Dr Brandt was), it did look as though it had been used or at least squished very hard! 


The tube as it was in the box :-(


Dr Brandt product was nicely sealed though!

I contacted Birchbox customer services, got a reply within 24 hours and was told a replacement product would be sent out and that my second box was on it's way - can't say fairer than that!

Overall, I was pretty chuffed with this box and the great customer service is always a win for me (I worked in a Hotel for 9 years, I had customer service drilled into me!).  I'm glad I went for it as although I loved the 'present' aspect of the Beauty Box, the mediocre Glossyboxes had put me off a bit.

Also, if you are thinking about getting a subscription, you can get cashback via Topcashback

Birchbox also have an online shop where you can purchase the full size items featured in your box and they also offer a rewards points system which can help towards your treats! 

Do you get any Beauty Boxes?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment