Monday 4 November 2013

Is Dove Essential Nourishing Lotion really Essential?

In the summer, my boy and I got accidentally sunburnt one day.  We are usually SPF 50 types but it was a case of he thought I had the sun lotion and I thought he had it! 

Feeling a little bit crisp, we ended up in our local Tesco in which not a single container of after sun was to be had! 

We ended up with this offering from Dove as it seemed to be the most nourishing and least fragranced, although it didn't say if it was suitable for sensitive skins.

The website isn't too clear on the ins and outs of this product, just that it will provide nourishment and moisture and more nourishment... 


It has a Deepcare Complex within which consists of several skin nutrients and rich essential oils, and more nourishment - obvs

I don't get the 10 days nourishment 'promise' either, is it 10 days worth of lotion in one bottle or will your skin feel silky soft for 10 days? Again, the website didn't really provide clarification and reading the back of the bottle didn't help either!


The lotion itself is nice, applies easily and doesn't leave the skin feeling greasy afterwards.  I would say it was lightly fragranced and I would put it into the 'washing powder' group of fragrances.  The boy used it without anyone telling him he smelt like a girl so it's reasonably subtle.  

I definitely would not say that my skin felt like it had 10 days worth of nourishment applied to it and I usually have pretty soft skin on my bod.  I would say I could have gone two or three days without feeling the need to moisturise after using this which is pretty standard for me.

All in all, it was ok, handy if your in a bind and the closest shop you can get to is a supermarket but I don't think I would repurchase this personally if I had a wider selection. 

What do you use as your 'no frills' daily moisturiser?

Do you In fact moisturise daily (I don't, I'm far too lazy!)?

Hugs,

Jodi


No comments:

Post a Comment