Friday 29 November 2013

Maybelline 'The Rocket' - Did it blow me away?

Happy Friday Peeps!

Recently, I went out to meet some chums and in my haste, I completely forgot to put on mascara!  I don't know how it happened but luckily once I got into twon, there was a boots still open.  As I was running late, I prettty much grabbed the first mascara off the first make up stand!
As a result, I got 'The Rocket Volum' Express' by Maybelline in the shade 'Very Black'.  I should also point out that this is the waterproof version.   


Maybelline claim that lashes will have 8x more volume or Volum'(?) using their Jet Glide brush with Felxi-Fine bristles which prevent clumps forming.  The Brush is one of those plastic spoolies and it is rather fat.


My lashes with no mascara


My lashes curled with these eyelash curlers and one coat of Maybelline 'The Rocket' at 8.30am
With the fat brush, I do find it hard to not get mascara on my eyelid when applying.  This is fine for during the day when I don't bother with eye make up for work but if I had just spent ages doing a smokey eye, I would be a bit miffed!! 


This is my lashes at 10pm.  I have not applied anymore mascar nor have I curled them again.

My first impressions of this mascara were that it was absolute rubbish! It gave no lift to my lashes, it barely looked like I had even put mascara on and it was not improved with two coats.  However, when I applied it after curling my lashes first, my opinion has gone full circle to really rating this! Once my lashes are curled, I find this really helps them to hold a curl like no other mascar I have tried before, I don't know if it is because the formula is waterproof but it definitely holds its own and a curl.  As for the water proof part, it does the job, I managed to walk to work in the rain without having mascar all down my face, always a bonus! It does make it a bit more troublesome to remove though but just go gentle and try and use an oi based remover.

I would recommend this mascara if your lashes are long enough to be curled, otherwise I didn't feel it offered much definition itself.

Have you tried Maybelline Mascaras before?

Have you tried any coloured mascaras lately?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment