Saturday 14 September 2013

Weekend Mani #4

Following on from last weeks foray into textured nails I happened across the Velvet Goth Collection by models own.  I only bought one from the collection as I also had my eye on one of the Artistix Duo's and it was a 2 for £8 offer in boots the other week.


I went for the green which is called 'Absinthe' and it is an emerald green glitter which dries semi-matte.  I love this colour, something about it reminds me of the evil queen from Snow White.  The velvet cap is a nice touch too, I may have to collect the rest of the collection!


The polish went on pretty well, it is packed with small green and black glitters and possibly silver, I couldn't quite tell as the sparkle was so intense!  Also in the mix was a slightly lighter green, larger glitters which gives this polish another dimension.  


I couldn't get this as neat as I would have liked but I think with larger glitters that is always the case.  The one and only bugbear I have with larger glitters in polishes like these is that if they land on the free edge of the nail, they can catch and cause the polish to chip.


The polish dries quickly and dries down to a demi-matte finish.  The texture when it dries is not particularly rough, which is great for those of you who don't like the feel of textured nails


My mani unfortunately chipped quite a bit and so I had to fill in the tips the next morning.  I ended up putting my trusty Seche Vite over the top to make it last as I was off work for four days.

All in all, I love this colour and I think it's a great winter colour.  The rest of the collection is also gorgeous and for the price they are really good.  The bottles are so easy to store and identify with their cutesy caps too.

Have you tried any of the Velvet Goth collection?

What colours will you be wearing for autumn/winter?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment