Sunday 8 September 2013

Weekend Mani #3

Heya!

So I know I'm way behind in the textured nail polish trend but I have actually owned one of the O.P.I liquid sands since they were first released last year.  The Mariah Carey collection had four liquid sands of which I own one but now kinda want the rest! 


This is 'Get your number' and its a gorgeous, multi-dimensional blue.  The picture is of just one coat on the nails and it provides pretty darn good opacity for a jelly type base. I'm also quite pleased at how neat this hand is as my right hand is my dominant hand *pats self on back* I think my perseverance is starting to pay off.


The polish dries reasonably quickly to a mostly matte finish.  There is a variety of different glitters within it and it has a holographic sparkle to it aswell.  


In the photo above, I have used the flash to try and capture the holo.  The index finger and ring finger have seche vite topcoat applied to give a glossier finish.  I didn't mind the texture feel of the polish but I love the effect adding the topcoat had, it was almost as though it was lit from within.


We went out for tea and the lighting was quite good so I couldn't resist sneaking a wee pic! Again, this shows off the holo a bit more and I really feel like the holo adds an extra dimension.

All in all, I really like this polish although I am slightly biased when it comes to OPI! I couldn't stop looking at my nails the whole time I was wearing this and the texture was something I quite enjoyed.  It didn't look too gimmicky either, which is good if you just want a slight break away from the usual mani but don't want to go too wild!

Have you tried any of the liquid sand polishes?

How do you feel about textured nails?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx















No comments:

Post a Comment