Thursday 29 August 2013

E.l.f Studio Lip Definer and Shaper

A while back in a previous post, here, I mentioned I use the e.l.f. Lip definer and shaper and as I still enjoy using it, I thought I would go into a bit more detail.

This is a dual ended device which makes it ideal for your handbag.  It also has a sharpener on it which I find to be a nice little touch.

One end has the Lip definer, which is the darker shade which I find to be an ever so slightly blue tinged pinky mauve.  The shaper end is more like a highlighter which you would use to help define your cupids bow and round the edge of your lower lip.  


The pictures have got a slightly brown looking tinge here, thank you iPhone, but it is pinkier in real life whereas the shaper end is more of a champagne pink colour.  The shaper could, at a push, be used as a highlighter elsewhere on your face if you were really strapped for space.  It would need to be blended in with fingers I think as it would need the heat to help melt it a little bit.


I like to apply this all over the lip as it gives a neutral but better look and I find it makes my teeth look a wee bit whiter thanks to the slight hint of blue. It is soft to apply and therefore does not drag, it struggled a wee bit in the summer months as it was so soft and I would definitely recommend a spell in the fridge before you try to sharpen it or you will get one messy sharpener!


For during the work day, I like to apply a wee bit of lip balm over the top, usually my trusty carmex, to give a sheen and to add some SPF


Overall, I really like this as a no fuss liner that can be worn on a day to day basis and it won't break the bank!  

Do you have a go-to lip product for daily use?

Have you tried any e.l.f. products?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment