Friday 9 August 2013

A never ending search!

If there is one thing I have yet to find, it is my Holy Grail daily foundation.

Most of the foundations I have tried are either too dark or too yellow or both.  I have very pale skin with very rosey undertones, and I have an even paler neck which is a pain for blending! 

I got my paws on this sachet of Maybelline Dream Matte mousse from a magazine and although I had resigned myself to the fact that the shade would not be suitable for me, I was intrigued by the texture and coverage offered by this foundation.  



The sachet itself contained the shade 'Nude 21' and when I opened it I thought there was no way going to be enough to cover my whole face but I was wrong! 


It would seem a little goes a long way with this one, it comes out as a creamy mousse like texture which feels very light on the skin, it blends well but I think if you tried to build up the coverage it would start to become quite chalky. 


Again, I found the shade to be too yellow but it blended out to be more subtle.  It offers a light to medium coverage, perhaps more than the likes of a BB cream or a tinted moisturiser but not as much as Estee Lauder Double Wear.  It definitely has a matte finish, so if you are into a dewy finish this is certainly not for you.

Have you tried this foundation before?

What is your Holy Grail of daytime foundation?

Hugs,

Jodi 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment