Saturday 19 October 2013

Weekend Mani #9

More O.P.I, I'm sorry, I'm not sorry.  

Next weekend I will try and do a non-O.P.I mani!


This is 'Do You Lilac It?' from the Brights collection (2006) and 'Save Me' from the Nicki Minaj collection (2012).  


 'Do You Lilac It?' is a 'looks okay in the bottle polish but stunning on the nail polish'. It is almost a one-coater, which is extremely good for a pastel hue.  I really, really, really like this colour.  The one thing I did notice with this colour was that it brought out the red/pink tones in my skin, which isn't really a big issue.  


'Save Me' is O.P.I's first foray into bar glitter.  It has silver microglitters and holographic bar glitters.  I find the silver glitter is actually quite dense and overwhelms the bar glitters slightly. The bar glitter doesn't stick up on the nail, which is great as 'sticky up' bits can chip your mani.


They are both standard O.P.I pro-wide brushes, which allows for swift application.  On the pics here, I have two coats of 'Save Me' as an accent nail. 

To do the accent nail I used scotch gift wrapping tape that I bought from Asda for £2.  I stuck it to my arm a few times so that it wasn't so sticky that it took the polish underneath off.  This is a new trick I have just picked up and so far so good!! 


This colour is really great for 'shorties' or 'nubbins' as some folk call them.


I used a little solar oil cuticle oil after doing this mani as my cuticles were looking shockingly dry after the return to cold weather.

I know I keep harping on about the weather so I'm glad I picked this uplifting colour as this weekends mani.

How do you feel about bright colours in autumn/winter?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment