Monday 21 October 2013

A Parliament of Owls

It's no secret that I like a good Owl, from Hedwig in Harry Potter to the Great Grey Owl in Camperdown Park in Dundee!

My Boyfriend recently bought me a few owly items, which I thought I would share with you.


Ipad case, here, Ribbon, here, and Bracelet, similar here


The bracelet is cute and definitely a bit kitsch.  It has the floral enamel owl as the main attraction on a gold tone bracelet chain.  It has gold tone hearts, pearls and blue beads. It also comes in a nice wee pouch as well which makes it great to give as a gift.


Owl ribbon, no sure what I'm going to use this for but it is awfully cute.  It's not flimsy ribbon either so would be good for craft projects.


The iPad case is more pink than it appears in these pictures.  The print is very cute and the white edging and background make it a bit more funky.  I love the little owl on the back.  This cost £27.40 which I'm not particularly happy about, There were cute ones on eBay for £10 which would have done the job - I'm so ungrateful, I know.


The back of the packaging shows the different ways in which you can use the case as a stand.  Personally, I find the stand to be a bit disappointing and have left a review on Amazon saying as such.  I would expect it to be a lot sturdier for the price.


The case itself is very slim and you can see from the above picture how the stand is supposed to work, unfortunately it seems to collapse in on itself when you try to stand it up like this.

And not pictured above is this, rather sinister looking, earphone jack.


Designed to keep the dust out of the earphone jack, I find this a wee bit big and I annoyed my colleagues greatly by pulling it out and pushing it in repeatedly, similar to clicking a pen I suppose.


The back of the owl looks possibly even more sinister since it is full of holes! The holes are actually hearts!

He bought these presents alongside the GHD's I wrote about here, with his first wage from his new job, it is not a common occurrence for me to get random gifts!

Do you have a favourite animal?

What case do you have for your phone/laptop/iPad?

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment