Sunday 27 October 2013

Weekend Mani #10

I'm going to be completely honest with you, this is technically not this weekends mani. *recoils at the gasps of horror* 
I had a day off during the week and had some polish on that wasn't OPI and so I thought I would use it for the purpose of this post. 


This is Nails Inc. Old Park Lane £11, Debenhams often do 10% off fragrance and beauty and you used to be able to get free delivery when using the code SHBC. 


This is marketed as a metallic champagne shimmer polish.  It is very opaque, I only applied one coat and got full opacity.  A a result of this I did find the formula quite thick and with the metallic finish, I found it difficult to get it streak free.  


In no light did it look like champagne to me!  It was more of a coppery bronze but it had hints of mauve and red in there too. 


I ended up taking it off on the way to work and so I tried to take pics of it in natural daylight, forgetting that it is Aberdeen in October and natural daylight is pretty scarce now! 

I had tried to do a glitter accent on this but it just didn't work, because there was hints of so many colours in this polish, it was difficult to match a glitter to it.  This is L'oreal's sequin explosion which I posted about here.


I think this polish would look good if you were going on holiday or had some colour to your skin but personally, I didn't like it on me.  Having saying that, as it is so opaque, I reckon this would be good for stamping.  I do have some plates that I have yet to use so I may try a christmassy mani with this.


In the picture above, you can see where I had a problem with streaking. Metallic polishes aren't something I usually wear, so it is a formula I'm not used to working with.  

I got this in a Nails Inc. Lucky dip where they offer you six polishes for about £18 or so, so if you are just getting into polish, it's a great way to try a few for a bargain price. I can;t see this on their website but I think the lucky dips are their way of clearing out old stock.  

How do you feel about metallic polishes?

Have you ever tried the Nails Inc Lucky Dip?

Hugs,

Jodi 
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment