Wednesday 30 October 2013

A cool surprise for tired eyes

Lately, I have had such hot, sleepy feeling eyes and so I was determined to get something nice and soothing that I could apply when at home when going sans makeup.

I ventured into Boots a few weeks ago and had a good nosey round and came across this, 'Kind to eyes revitalising eye roll-on' by Simple.  At £4.99 this is a wee bit cheaper than the likes of Garnier and chums.


So this wee fella contains cucumber extracts, an ingredient that is quite commonly found in 'cooling' or 'refreshing' facial products.  It also contains pro vitamin B5 and glycerin to nourish and hydrate the skin and best of all, it contains no artificial fragrances or colours.  Boost!


The applicator itself is a metal rollerball, which in itself is nice and cooling.  The product is a gel like formula which goes on smoothly and can be massaged in using the rollerball.  The tube contains 15 mls of product so it's quite dinky but you don't need a lot of product. 


It does cool the area instantly although it has no effect on dark circles and doesn't claim to. I would say it has an immediate effect but it does not last more than a few minutes.  It recommends that if there is excess product on the skin, to just gently massage it in.  What I find with this product is after applying whether just with the rollerball or with my fingers too, is that it feels like it leaves a residue.  I put this on less than 10 minutes ago and already under my eyes feel tight, almost as though I have a face mask on and the area feels almost as hot as it did before I put on.  The gel does absorb in though and doesn't leave any strange residue on the skin.

All in all, it's an okay product and if you have delicate or allergy prone skin, it may be worth a try but for me, I'm afraid I won't be putting this on my repurchase list. Sorry Simple! 

If you do fancy trying it, Boots are offering 3 for 2 on selected Simple products, here.

Do you have any tips for reviving tired eyes?

Have you tried this roll-on before?

Hugs,

Jodi 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment