Wednesday 22 January 2014

Lazy Days and Hair Do's

A few weeks ago, after running out of my stock of Batiste and deciding I wanted a new dry shampoo in my life, I stumbled across this little nugget in sainsburys for half price, fate I tells ya!
I think this was actually released quite some time ago but ashamedly I admit that haircare and haircare products are not my strengths... I had, however, tried the shampoo and conditioner from this range and really liked it so thought I would give this a whirl.


So, what makes it 'Pure'? No silicones, no parabens and no colourants is what! At a time where everyone and their grannies seem to dislike using silicone in their hair products, items like this can really carve a name for themselves.  It also contains organic green tea leaf extract which I'm struggling to find the benefits of (most folk associate green tea and organic with bring good off you but a lot of that is if it is taken orally) my best guess is that if helps protect the hair and possibly the scalp from UV damage. The question is, does it work?

First off, the smell, I would buy this for the smell alone! It's fresh, it's lemony, it's uplifting, I love it.  It has the same smell as the shampoo and conditioner and is very refreshing.  



But that's where I start to cool towards it, for giving my hair texture and a bit of 'grit', this is great, I have quite flyaway hair and this gives it a it more oomph, however, I don't find this makes my hair feel clean, in fact, after a while with this on my bonce, I'm starting to wish for rain on the way home.  

The spray is good, the nozzle doesn't clog and it doesn't make my dark hair look gray and ashy but it doesn't make my hair feel clean and refreshed as promised! 

I think my search continues for the best dry shampoo for dark, flyaway hair.  Any suggestions? 

Hugs,

Jodi
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment